SPECIAL CONTEST FOR STUDENTS - CLICK THE RHA CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS TAB ON THE
Built by John Ralston in 1785, this one-room building
was the center of the Ralston Community. It served as a general store from 1785-1893, and was the local post office
from 1893-1941. It was acquired by the Ralston Historical Association in 1945 and opened as a museum in 1964.
Over the years, the museum collection has been expanded to include a variety of local artifacts including antiques, photographs,
maps and manuscripts from the 18th and 19th century.
The General Store Museum is open to the public on Sundays and holidays, June through
mid-October from 2 to 5 pm. The museum is located at 313 Mendham Road - West (Rt. 24), Mendham, NJ at the
intersection of Roxiticus Rd. and Rt. 24.