Built by John Ralston in 1785, this one-room building was the center of the Ralston
Community. It served as a general store from 1785 until 1893, and was the local post office from 1893 until 1941. It
was acquired by the Ralston Historical Association in 1945 and opened as a museum in 1964. Over the years, the museum
collection has been expanded to include a variety of local artifacts including antiques, photographs, maps and manuscripts
from the 18th and 19th centuries.
The General Store Museum is open to
the public on Sundays and holidays, June through mid-October from 2 to 5 PM. The museum is located at 313
Mendham Road - West (Rt. 24), Mendham, NJ at the intersection of Roxiticus Rd. and Rt. 24. Call 973-723-0154 to
confirm the museum will be open.